Monday, September 28, 2009

Our Eid This Year

Now here's an update on our Aidilfitri this year. HB, Alhamdulillah was on leave for 4 days despite his decision not to apply for raya leaves. His reason was merely to make it fair to the other colleagues. You see ever since I'm married to him, he has always been around with us on the first day of raya. There was once though when he had to operate the 4am flight to Kota Kinabalu on the 1st of Syawal. His duty ended before 8am hence decided to fly back to KL to be with us on raya morning. Sent him off to the airport later that evening to continue his duty.

Aidilfitri this year was not tiring for him. He started his leave 2 days before Syawal. Unlike the years before which ends on the eve. He had his ample rest.

As usual we were in Klang. I managed to arrange the girls' Saturday schedule so that we were free a day before Syawal. The plan was to shoot early to Klang & help my MIL with things. Instead we reached Klang around 2pm.

I felt bad but my PILs were cool about it. In fact this year I hardly gave a helping hand. I was busy finishing up my last minute beadings. But Sri was around to help her.

Did I tell you that I slept at 2am to complete sewing those beads? I chose to retire & continue to sew in the morning.

The first thing HB asked when he woke up was about the beading. His concern over my unfinished attire surprised me. You see he is not a man with sweet words. Ever since I started sewing, his best comment was merely, "OKlah...". That goes the same to my cooking so I am kind ofused to his limited praising vocabs.

I was not sure whether he was aware of what he was saying. It was something like " I'd help if I can but I really don't know how to sew those beads. Kalau siap cantik ni...". Trust me those encouraging words made me going until
2am.

In my previous post I shared how the baju turned out. And here are some pictures of us on Aidilfitri this year.

Raya banner this year made by Yasmin, Wardah & their little uncle Ajib


The girls one by one on raya morning with HB in the spirit of Syawal.

Balqis


Wardah


Yasmin


Nadeen



Nadeen with her sisters seeking for forgiveness from atuk Klang, the beauty of Aidilfitri


She appreciates duit raya this year. But only the various colours of packets not the cash though ;-)


Nadeen with Kakak Balqis. Balqis is thrilled getting the chance to be on the chair & someone younger below.


Wardah & her way asking for forgiveness from sis Yasmin.


With their mom


The girls with bibik Sri


A family pic


In our boria attire ;-)


After visited HB's eldest aunt, we made a move to my grandmother's place in Rembau. Chengkau to be exact.

In front of my grandmother's house



A solo pose by Nadeen


The 5 of us again



This is my dad's kampung somewhere after Kota or Koto as how the Negeris address it.


Nadeen was really enjoying her kampung getaway :-)

4 comments:

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Bestnya...tengok ur girls and u dress up in the same design outfit..Bestnya..
Actually I do the same with my lil one:)

jabishah said...

It was my 1st time... & it's kinda fun. Might do that again nx year. Perhaps not the same pattern lah kut ;-)

Selamat Hari Raya to you & Maaf Zahir Batin

Anonymous said...

kak ja.. best nyer raya dia.. nanti upload cerita bday semalam pulak ek..

ibu,mommy,mom... said...

Do you jahit for other people?:):)