Monday, May 18, 2009

Something Old, Something New, Nothing Borrowed & Neither Blue

Recently I reintroduced my fingers to the thread & needle. A department that I am pretty lousy at. But don't get any ideas yet... Not that I am into sewing my own clothes. Far from making a handmade bag like Kak Ezza. Was merely doing some accessorizing. You know, seaming here, gluing there... =)

HB's auntie hosted a wedding reception last weekend. Just like before, she requested my girls to be the flower girls. Again as always they were very much delighted with the idea.This is the first time I'm blogging about it. Before, I was not into blogging & furthermore my creative touch was not involved... Hehehe.

The plan was only for Wardah & Balqis as flower girls. I was quite sure that at 10, Yasmin has passed the stage. HB anyhow, advised me to reconfirm with her. I did. She didn't sound interested. But, I purposely provoked.

"What if I get you a new attire? Not the usual dress which you have obviously outgrown"

"A kebaya? "

"Yes, lace perhaps..."

"Nak!"

So, that was how we ended up with 3 flower girls.

The dresses I bought for them were way in 2004. The advantage of having all girls for us, parents is of course the pleasure of doing the hand- me- downs ;-D Wardah could fit Yasmin's & Balqis could wear Wardah's. I somehow made an attempt to change the headgear this time. Wardah wanted to look different. Not the same old look in the same old attire. I couldn't agree more.

The old dress


My girls in their first assignment way in 2004 (Wardah, 2nd frm left at 3 & Yasmin, 3rd frm left at 5 - why do I have the feeling that someone won't like the idea of me sharing this... hehehe!)


Yasmin's new kebaya before my makeover (no! I did not sew her kebaya...!)


The kebaya after the work of my magic needle ;-)


The headgear - sewed the tiny roses onto the ribbon too


These little flowers which I bought for 30sen each would be cheaper if I were to make them myself. Look pretty easy...


The basket - really made full use of the 13m ribbon ;-)


The 2 bows did the trick. Didn't want to overcrowd the basket...


The flower girls


With the bride


In no time, you will be joining your sisters... ;-)

For those interested, please place your booking fast. These girls are pretty busy this year. Next reception will be in 3 weeks time! ;-D

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Ja,

They bare such darlings and they've got a very talented mum. That'll come in handy when they grow up and wanting pretty clothes.

Good job.

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Hi Ja,

Your girls look really pretty in their flower girl dresses. Love the ribbons on their hair. Nice touch, that one!

a&a'smom said...

Wow, the hair ribbons & dresses look amazing! I'm tempted now.

tireless mom said...

Dear Ja

You are blessed with so much talent. Love the needle work. Your girls are just as beautiful as the mum.

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Hi Ja,
Bestkan boleh hand-me-down gowns ni!

Pandai mak depa me'reka'. The girls look so pretty :)

kay_leeda said...

Ja,

Beautiful...simply beautiful :) Like the headband, ummpppp giving me ideas now. I like needle work, but....haiya ini mata sudah tua lah...

Cantik gurls nye, macam Mak nyer jugak :))

Fadhil said...

Salam Ja,

When I read your last paragraph, the first thought that came to my mind was you are already taking bookings for calun menantu, heheheh. Those three young ladies (oops, I mean four) will grow up to be heartbreakers, I'm sure. They look so lovely.

jabishah said...

Hi Aida,

Tx. Those darlings when they grow up, need to bear with their mom's constant reminder that pretty things don't come easy. I can come out with the ideas but they are the ones to make those ideas realised ;-D

jabishah said...

Hi MTT,

Are you still in Dhaka? Well, yes... I too love the ribbons. Tx. Simple yet lovely, right? But I think I chose the wrong lipstick shade for Yasmin. Should have made it more natural.

jabishah said...

Hi Sheela,

Tx dear. Tempted? Do elaborate... Hehehe! Im sure both your A&A wouldn't want ribbons!! ;-D

jabishah said...

Hi Kak Yatt,

Awww... ur so sweet. I believe all of us are granted with many talents. It is merely a self-discovery... You never know, you might be good at pole dancing ;-D

jabishah said...

Hi Kak Ja,

Yes. This hand-me-downs business is like forever for me. Ye lah 4 girls berderet kan... I hv stopped buying the same attire with the same material & colour for the girls. You know why? Bosan betul bila the same pattern is worn, over & over again.... Yasmin once, Wardah twice but imagine Nadeen wearing it 4 times! Hahaha!

jabishah said...

Hi Kak Kay,

Cantik kan?... Hahaha! Sendiri puji. It was by chance I found the matching tiny roses.

Alaaa... itu Farah boleh tolong maaa! ;-D

jabishah said...

Hi oldstock,

Been awhile. HRU?

Tx. Yeah the girls grow up so fast. Calon menantu...? Adoii! Pls not so soon. I hvnt gotten enough of them yet.