Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tamil Nadu, India - Day 6

Our flight home was at night. The final day in India was simply for leisure. After breakfast we took an ato to Spencer Plaza. The ride on the ato was sure an experience & the honking was non-stop.

We reached Spencer Plaza. HB wanted to check out the antiques as recommended by Wan. He was attracted to the ones displayed at Wan's when we had dinner the night before.

The Plaza reminded me of Campbell Complex & Kotaraya in KL. I'm not sure whether we really explored the whole mall because we kept seeing the same shops over & over again. Hence the search for the antique shop was easy. We found 2 shops but the price they offered was pretty steep. I was happy enough that he refused to get any. Antiques & me really can't get along ;-)

We had lunch instead. The girls found a pizza parlor & begged to dine there. Even I enjoyed my lunch. The pizza tasted better. The bread especially. Well, perhaps we had started getting bored with Briyani & curry ;-)

Waiting for our pizza

After lunch, we headed to another shopping mall merely to kill time. The mall was a walking distance to our hotel. No intention to shop really...

Balqis striking a pose


A shot by Yasmin while waiting for HB who was in the toilet. Nadeen was already asleep.


We girls found a ladies' department sharing the same level with the children's department. HB volunteered to play nanny to Nadeen ;-) & I ended up buying something. Hehehe....

After an early dinner we walked to the hotel. HB did the final packing & I got the younger girls ready.
Us in our room before check out

We rented a taxi to the airport. I wouldn't say the journey to the airport was a smooth one for us. Of all the days we were in India, it was on the final night that we had to endure the consequence of an accident. No! We were not involved in the accident but the traffic due to the accident disturbed the smoothness of our journey. Initially, it was a good start for us but due to the bad traffic the driver diverted to another road which took us a longer time to reach our destination. What more with Nadeen chose to throw tantrum at that very moment.

We manged to get to the airport despite the chaos but that was not all... Our flight was delayed! Yasmin started to get feverish. I had the medicine for her yes. But at that time what I wanted most was to be home.


Waiting , waiting & waiting...

At last it was time to board the plane. Alhamdulillah... we reached home safely. Everyone dozed off all the way to KL ;-)

It was indeed an unforgettable experience meeting the relatives in India. Their hospitality marvels us until today. In fact, I do wonder whether I could be as warm as they were if it is their turn to come & visit. To Uncle & Auntie thank you very much for everything. We will pay you a visit again insyAllah in the near future.

The End

ps- Notice the hastiness of this post? Well, I have to complete this tonight because tomorrow I will be in India again. This time to Delhi with HB, minus the girls. Will share my travel pretty soon :-)




No comments: